Originally this was a check-list for geographical mobility (in Spanish). Anyway, it does apply for those considered ‘an expat’, since expatriate workers are prone for moving around the World without any problems.
Here are my pointers:
- Don’t buy, rent (house) or hire/lease (car). In some countries, second hand markets are stiff and you can get in the situation to sell cheaper than you thought.
- Flat-pack furniture is an option if you don’t want to get involved with extensive (and expensive) relocations, and/or customs issues and delays.
- Have a good set of suitcases.
- Passport, always on validity period. Some countries may require it doesn’t expire before a period (i.e. 6 months).
- International driving license, ready!.
- Vaccination card is a must. Check with your government Health Office.
- Your pet certificates and vaccination card must be OK.
- Legal documents always on hand (this includes professional and education certificates and transcripts).
- And I’m sure I’ve forgotten something else… any further tips?.