A Spanish Company in the Franz Edelman Competition
It’s with proud we want to announce, as loads of other OR bloggers have done, the 2009 Franz Edelman Price nominees list.
Zara, part of the Inditex Group, is a spanish company, well-known for its application of aggresive SCM/PLM technicques, always explained in Busines Administration lessons as a succesful Operations Management Strategy.
- Norske Skog, for Norske Skog benefits as O.R. plays a ‘pivotal’ role in the battle for improved profitability
- CSX Railway, for CSX Railway Cashes in on Optimized Equipment Distribution
- Marriott International, for Group Pricing Optimizer
- IBM, for Analytics-Driven Solutions for Increased Sales Force Productivity
- Zara, for Zara Uses Operations Research to Reengineer Its Global Distribution Process
- HP, for Analytics for Product Portfolio Management