It’s with proud we want to announce, as loads of other OR bloggers have done, the 2009 Franz Edelman Price nominees list.
Zara, part of the Inditex Group, is a spanish company, well-known for its application of aggresive SCM/PLM technicques, always explained in Busines Administration lessons as a succesful Operations Management Strategy.
- Norske Skog, for Norske Skog benefits as O.R. plays a ‘pivotal’ role in the battle for improved profitability
- CSX Railway, for CSX Railway Cashes in on Optimized Equipment Distribution
- Marriott International, for Group Pricing Optimizer
- IBM, for Analytics-Driven Solutions for Increased Sales Force Productivity
- Zara, for Zara Uses Operations Research to Reengineer Its Global Distribution Process
- HP, for Analytics for Product Portfolio Management